First check out if you need a visa to enter Malaysia. If so, you just need to download and fill the application form, prepare the required documents and take them to the nearest Malaysian embassy or a third party such as a visa office.
The submission hours are: 8:00 am to 11:00am (Sunday to Thursday)
The Collection hours are: 1:30pm to 2:30pm (Sunday to Thursday)
The visa required documents:
The below all the minimum required documents to apply for the visa, additional documents may be requested depending on countries, applicant status and purpose of travel.
- Two copies of visa applications accurately and clearly filled and signed.
- A passport valid for at least 6 month from the arrival day.
- Two passport size photographs
- A copy of work contract or payslip of applicants or their sponsor (minimum $545)
- Confirmed hotel booking and return ticket.
- No objection letter from company or the sponsors from the applicants that not work.
- If you are visiting Malaysia for business purposes, you need to have an invitation letter.
Processing time: Generally, it takes 2 business days to process the application.
Fees: The application fees are $10 for single entry and $29 for multiple entry except for Indian nationalities ($14 for single entry and $41 for multiple entry).
- Holding a visa doesn’t mean that you are guaranteed to enter Malaysia. The Immigration Officer at the airport decides either to allow you to enter or not.
- Nationals of china will be visa exempt between 1 March and 31 December 2016 if they are staying less than 15 days and travelling in a group of minimum 2 people.
Visa on Arrival:
Citizens of India and China arriving from Singapore or Thailand can obtain a visa on arrival at the airport.
Duration: 7 days
Requirements: A valid visa issued by Singapore or Thailand, an address in Malaysia, a confirmed return ticket and at least $1000 per person
Entry Checkpoints: Kuala Lumpur–International (KUL), Johor Bahru(JHB), Kota Kinabalu (BKI), Kuching (KCH), Penang (PEN)
Electronic Visa (eVisa):
It’s a new online application system for Indian passports and holders of Chinese passports in Mainland China, India or Indonesia.
- The applicants have just to enter the system and fill the application online however they have to be located in one of those countries to apply.
- The visa takes one business day to be approved.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and costs $25.
- Visitors can pick up the visa from any entry port.
Electronic Travel Registration and Information (eNTRI):
It’s a new online application system for only holders of Chinese passports in Mainland China.
- Applicants have to be in China when applying, otherwise, they will be blocked by the system.
- The visa is valid for 15 days and costs $20.
- The holders of eNTRI are allowed to enter Malaysia from one of those airports: Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Penang International Airport, Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Langkawi International Airport, Kuching International Airport and Senai International Airport.